Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sweet Compliment

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine about the photo globe page I made and she gave me the sweetest compliment. She told me how much she loves my scrapbooks, she said that they are beautiful and I'm an inspiration to her, that I inspired her to make her son an ABC book. I wasn't quite sure what to say, no one has ever said anything like that to me. It made me feel wonderful. I get so much inspiration from my scrapbooking friends and online that I never thought of myself as an inspiration to others. This friend did make her son an ABC album and all I could think about was how he will probably cherish that album one day and how it was made by his very own mommy. That's why I scrapbook. I may be slow and I really don't care if I have a page that's "in style". I enjoy the process of it, both traditional and digital and I want my son to know about his family and our life and maybe one day when I'm gone he'll cherish the stories I've written for him and there will be no doubt in his mind how much he is loved.

No comments: