Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's "time" for more SBC+ fun!!

I have a clock that I wanted to alter and after seeing photo clocks online, I thought I'd give it a try using SBC+. I think these turned out great! The hardest part was figuring out where to put the numbers for the clock so I found a worksheet online for kids, pasted the .jpg in my project, changed the opacity so I could barely see the numbers and added my numbers on top of it in a font I liked. In the first one, I blended the edges of my photo, used film grain on the background shape, color sampled from my pic, used an overlay (that was square and I cut out the part I liked in the shape of a circle) and added texture to the wordart. In the second one, I used a photo mask for the pic, gradient tool for my background paper color sampling from the pic, the same overlay as in the first one, used freebie wordart and flourishes (changed the opacity of the flourishes so they blend in) and typed the text. I don't like how the second one doesn't fill the circle but I had a hard time placing that pic without the hands of the clock inserting through my baby's face, thought that might look odd, haha! I'll post the finished product when I get the clock put back together.

Sunday, June 6, 2010


This is a finished baby cross, I used SU rubons to decorate the mat to match, there are butterflies in the baby's room. I'm now officially out of my favorite SU rubons ever. :( I've seen these tiles all over the place and recreated my 3 favorites for bunco gifts, the girls really seemed to like them.