Friday, April 23, 2010

Funny Story

I made this card for a good friend of mine. I can post about it now b/c she should have received it. I've been wanting to send her a card to say hello for a couple of weeks now and knew I wanted to use this paper, it just took me a little while to figure out what to do with it. You see, I recycled this paper from a bunco host gift she gave me a year or so ago. She gave me a can filled with some goodies and when I was done with it, I couldn't stand the thought of this cheerful paper being tossed. So, I did what any good crafter would do, I took it off of the can. However, that was a difficult process b/c she used the good tape (the red stuff) to adhere it. I told her about this and she thought it was funny so I thought it appropriate to use it to make her a card. I don't really believe in original ideas but this idea just hit me one day, to have the cute circles peeking out from circles on the card. I made the card square and used my CM circle cutters to cut the circles in the cardfront. I wish I had thought to add a few smaller holes with a hole punch but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And of course, I had to use stickles!! I think it helped to make the "i" even more i-ish, hehe. And I like the circle peeking out inside as well. Wonder if she recognized the paper?

No comments: