Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cards for Newlyweds



I am safe to post this prior to the wedding because I doubt my niece checks this blog and with the wedding only a few days away she is undoubtedly too busy to even think of blurfing at this time.

I made 20 monogram cards with for the husband-and-bride-to-be. I love how they turned out! I have to send a shout-out to my cropping buddies b/c they helped me with the color selection and put up with my hissy-fit when my scallop punch decided to quit punching. Haha! I lost patience trying to make a box big enough for 20 cards and envies so I just used this bag. I've altered containers for her before so I figured she didn't need another container laying around. And, if she wants, she can save the cardfront I used on the front of the bag in her scrapbook and toss the bag. I decided on a design by searching the JustRite blog and SCS gallery for cards that I really liked and used some of those ideas until it turned into what I wanted.

Supplies: SU cardstock - Close to Cocoa CS and DP, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie. Misc. cream cardstock. Stamps - JustRite (love, love, LOVE!) border and Special Occassions font. Ink - Colorbox Chalk Ink in Burnt Sienna. Other - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (used with a pasta machine, worked like a charm!), Fiskars treading water punch, scalloped circle and circle punches. Misc. ribbon from Michaels. SU envies.

No comments: