Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lined Zippered Pouch

I had so much fun making this pouch today. I saw the idea on a friend of mine's Facebook page and it looked so cute I had to try it. I was afraid it was going to be hard but it turned out to be rather easy, thanks to the wonderful tutorial here (and the great advice on doing corners without a quilter's tool here). I used 15x9" fabric pieces and a 12" zipper, next time I'll try to make it deeper and use heavier interfacing (used light-medium weight kind this time). You can't tell in the pic but the lining is deep purple. I still need to press the sides.

And in my true fashion, I sewed the handle in backwards at first, I always do this and double-checked myself and still put it in backwards. But that's the beauty of sewing, you can always rip it out and try again! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! It looks good!

Kristi Kloos