A naptime project...with vinyl! Woohoo! This was so much fun. The Wishblade will cut any true type font (TTF) so I found this free font online and went to town. The hard part is "weeding" the design, which I didn't realize my overhead light wasn't on until I was finished, so that may have had something to do with it. It was also difficult trying to center it on the tile, I had to remove/reapply about 3 times. It doesn't seem straight in the pic but it's the camera angle, it looks great in person. I'm sure there's a trick, that's my next google. I bought the tile from Lowe's, got the tumbled look so it's not a smooth finish. I inked around the edges with a dark chocolate ink and heat set it and glued dark brown felt to the back. The sides and backs of most tiles are not attractive so I think that helped make it prettier. I'm not going to seal this and see what happens, may need to do that on future projects, I'm still learning what the vinyl can tolerate on different surfaces.Anyway, LOVE how this turned out!! I'm almost finished with my next project: glass block, so stay tuned! :)
My name is Kelley. When I get a little time to myself, I like to craft. I enjoy scrapbooking, stamping and knitting. I usually have several projects going on at once. I enjoy the blogging world because there are so many great sources of inspiration right at my fingertips.